The Drapery Apartments in Liverpool have made the shortlist of the Insider Liverpool City Region Property Awards.
Our refurbishment of a 200-year-old building in Liverpool City Centre has been shortlisted for Development of the Year at the Insider Liverpool City Region Property Awards.
This £2.2 million development saw the transformation of a disused building on London Road into 24 studio, one and two bedroom apartments for market rent.
Michael Birkett, Chief Executive of The Regenda Group, said “This development supports our vision to regenerate places and the vision of Fabric District CIC to regenerate the area. New businesses, accommodation and investment will continue to develop this thriving, enterprising and creative area of the city.”
This development preserves a large Victorian building that has retained many original features including large arched windows. Homes in The Drapery benefit from internal wall insulation to all external walls, upgraded glazing and enhanced air tightness performance to create efficient homes.
As a profit-for-purpose organisation, our vision is to regenerate places and create opportunities for people. This development generated £1.2 million in social value activity for Liverpool City Region.
Below are just some of activities that have helped to increase local social impact:
- Investing more than half of the contract sum with local contractors
- Work placement in collaboration with Liverpool University, helping to introduce young people into careers in property
- Speaking at the Future Fest careers event arranged by The Learning Foundry, to increase awareness about apprenticeship roles in the maintenance and construction sector
- Donating £1,000 for tools and equipment to a construction training project
- Carrying out electrical compliance inspections for The Paper Cup project, a charity that supports rough sleepers in Liverpool
- Regenda staff volunteered at the Academy of St Nicholas School careers event in Liverpool.
Winners will be announced at the prestigious awards ceremony in October 2023.
Find out more here: https://www.insidermedia.com/event/liverpool-city-region-property-awards-2023